Recognizing Innovation + Leadership in Sustainability
The GSN Planet Sustainability Awards honor outstanding accomplishments and innovations in sustainability within the wellness sector. These awards offer a unique platform for participants to showcase their environmental and social efforts with confidence and authenticity, while fostering networking across various industries to promote sustainable solutions.
Sustainable Spa/Wellness Facility – The Michael Stusser Award
Spa Property or Wellness Facility that fully incorporates sustainability in its business strategy and management processes, spa facility, resource management practices, procurement, programming and treatments, staff and community engagement practices
Sustainable Innovator – The Tara Grodjesk Award
Product Company, Equipment Supplier, Distributor or Individual who fully incorporates sustainability in their purpose and management processes, operational practices, raw materials sourcing, packaging and employee and community impact, with special attention to innovation
Sustainable Newcomer – The Tracie Wertz Award
Spa Property, Product Company, Equipment Supplier, Distributor or Individual who recently embarked on a sustainability journey, has an exceptional attitude towards environmental conservation and social upliftment and achieved significant sustainability goals in a relative short period and/or with a restricted budget, or made a significant contribution in a specific sustainability field
Apply now to become a part of our esteemed panel of judges
Meet the Judges
2023 Judges to be announced soon!
An independent judging panel, made up of experts in the sustainability, spa and wellness industries, evaluates and awards companies and individuals that/who are leading the way in social and environmental responsibility. GSN aims to discover, recognize, and celebrate significant accomplishments in regeneration and sustainability within the wellness industry.
All entries must be submitted by August 31, 2023.
Three finalists per category will be announced on September 30, 2023.
The ultimate winner in each category will be chosen by community voting from October 1-15, 2023.
Winners announced & Awards Ceremony will take place at the GSN 2023 Buyers Conference, October 22-25 at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, WI.
- The GSN Sustainability Awards are judged by an independent committee of industry professionals.
- Both the public and judges will provide recommendations for the judges to review as a group. Selections for Finalists and Winners are taken via blind survey systems.
- If, in the judgment of the Awards Committee, no candidates meet the eligibility requirements, an award may not be given.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to present a nominee with an award other than the one for which the recommendation was submitted.
- Recommendations of candidates not selected for awards may be resubmitted in a subsequent year for consideration.
- Each finalist, selected in accordance with these procedures, will be requested to provide additional biographical information.
2019 Award Winners and Runners-Up
Winner: Sloco Massage + Wellness
Runner Up: Inn by the Sea
Winner: Noel Asmar Uniforms
Runner Up: Blue Beautifly
Winner: Davide Bollati, Founder + Chairman of [ comfort zone ] Davines S.p.A
Runner Up: Dr. Dieter Lenoir, Founder of Sanandi
Award winners received a commemorative piece of art created by Erik Linton of LintonArt Designs, https://www.lintonartdesigns.com. Linton creates tree ring prints made from real trees and printed by hand. The awards art included a tree print from Alaska, Yellowstone National Park, and Grand Tetons National Park.