GSN Planet Congress 2020
Ojai Valley Inn and Spa
January 26-29, 2020 | Ojai, California
Green Spa Network Congress is the event that changed the definition and expectation of a spa conference. For over 10 years, Congress has been bringing spa, wellness, and sustainability professionals together from across the industry and around the world to talk about work, business and the future, while creating a positive vision for themselves, both professionally and personally. Each event has pursued innovation within the spa and wellness industry, covering leadership, sustainability, wellness, collaboration, and experience.
“So much was accomplished in the three days of the GSN Congress: inspiring speakers, introductions to great new vendors, quality time to connect with amazing like-minded colleagues!”
Our 11th Congress will take place at the award-winning Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, January 26-29, 2020. Located in beautiful Southern California, Congress will offer attendees a multitude of adventures and excursions to experience this beautiful part of the planet we are committed to supporting. The three-day GSN Congress event is designed to be an interactive experience providing attendees with the inspiration and supportive community necessary for taking action to support sustainable businesses, people, and planet. Presenters and facilitators at the GSN Congress share information, insights, and know-how openly, giving you the kind of access that’s impossible to find anywhere else. The learning opportunities are endless, and they deepen exponentially through discussions and conversations about how these ideas and strategies affect your industry. In the open-minded and open-hearted environment of Congress, you will find relationships to people and ideas ready for you engage with; it is a place of rekindled friendships and newly forged connections. We are proud to provide an event that encourages deep dives into conversation about work, life, and essential priorities. Our tagline, World of Wellness, truly speaks to the commitment attendees share when at Congress.
“As a Spa professional you owe it to yourself to invest in coming to a GSN Congress. The opportunity to experience, collaborate and engage in a community whose focus and intention is to treat the earth as well as we treat our guests is inspirational. ”
– Thor Holm, General Manager, Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary
- Wellness and sustainability programming arming you with the knowledge to take action and make a difference
- Incredible presentations from thought leaders in the wellness & sustainability industries
- Interactive workshops
- Activities in nature
- Art immersion
- Transformative inspiration
- Select meals
- And much more…
*Lodging not included. See lodging tab for room rate details.
Interested in purchasing a one-day pass? Click here to purchase.
Interested in being a Congress Speaker? Complete our Speaker Application (click here) and we’ll be in touch regarding possible opportunities.
Lodging is on your own. We have secured a special group rate of $225 plus taxes and fees for the nights of Sunday through Wednesday, plus a special GSN discount for those who wish to arrive early and spend the weekend at the resort! Please call 888.697.9116 to make your reservation directly with the resort. Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is 12:00pm.
Nestled within a rare coastal valley on 220-oak studded acres, the iconic Ojai Valley Inn offers an abundance of active and peaceful pleasures with a legendary golf course, 31,000 square foot Spa Village, Artist Cottage & Apothecary, multiple pools and seven unique dining outlets with settings that range from fast-casual, poolside, to fine dining. Consistently, the Inn has been honored in the prestigious, Condé Nast Traveler Magazine Top 100 Hotels in the World, editor-selected Gold List. The Inn has also been chosen by Travel + Leisure publication readers as one of the Best Hotels in the World, affirming the Inn as a treasured destination that authentically combines the region’s unspoiled spirituality with 21st century modern luxury.Inspired by the gentle hues of the Mediterranean and our legendary architecture, our luxurious accommodations embody the style, spirit and warmth of contemporary Spanish hacienda design. View Ojai Valley Inn & Spa’s lodging options here.
Amenities Available in All Guest Rooms:
- Luxurious Frette bedding & linens
- In-Room iPad for direct access to resort services on touchscreen tablet
- Fine Bamboo Terry Towels
- Plush Cotton Bath Robes
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- 42” Flat Screen HD Television
- Blu-Ray/DVD player Multimedia Station with AV/PC, HDMI and USB port access
- Oversized Desk
- Cordless Dual-line Phone In Room
- Pantry and Featured Honor Bar
- illy espresso machine with high quality espresso and coffee
- Complimentary Regional/National Newspaper via Tablet
- Custom Apothecary blended Spa Ojai Luxury Bath & Shower amenities
This is a test page.
We are grateful to the following sponsors that are contributing to the experience and success of the event!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your best opportunity to sponsor.
Some of these opportunities are time sensitive due to the marketing and production schedule involved and GSN reserves the right to change or cancel any sponsorship opportunity based on our ability to fulfill the full benefits.
Located 70 miles North of Los Angeles and 12 miles off the ocean lies the world renowned Ojai Valley. Accessible seclusion is what has made this Southern California resort famous for so many years. Los Angeles International Airport, Santa Barbara and Burbank are easily accessed and offer a short transfer to the Inn.
Need to find a rideshare from the airport? Join our GSN Congress Rideshare Facebook page to coordinate travel with other Congress attendees.
We have secured a special group rate for the nights of Sunday through Wednesday, plus a special GSN discount for those who wish to arrive early and spend the weekend at the resort! Please call 888.697.9116 to make your reservation directly with the resort. Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is 12:00pm.
Please proceed to the front desk for hotel check-in. Front desk staff will direct you to the GSN registration desk where you can collect your name badge and receive a final schedule of events.
Our meals will be prepared by the extraordinary culinary staff of Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. We have collaborated on the menu, with an emphasis on fresh, wholesome, gourmet food that will support your ability to focus on the business at hand. Please let us know if you have special dietary needs.
Activities to Enjoy
As is customary at each of our events, we build open space into the program to provide inspiration and rejuvenation of body and spirit. Ojai Valley Inn & Spa offers a wide range of activities we hope you will take advantage of including:
- Hiking: One of our rituals at all of our GSN gatherings is the morning walk to get us out in the fresh air and experience the surrounding area – our way of welcoming the day. Ojai Valley Inn & Spa has easily accessible on-site hiking trails. Bring hiking shoes and/or running/walking shoes with tread and comfortable clothes with layers as the weather can be unpredictable in the winter.
- Spa: Surrounded by the inspiring Topa Topa Mountains of Southern California, Spa Ojai’s 31,000 square-foot day spa is the focal point of this serene resort village which includes two pools, a fully-equipped workout room, Mind and Body Studio, Spa Boutique and Artist Cottage and Apothecary. Enjoy a morning fresh-pressed juice drink, or quiet and casual lunch at Spa Café, which offers a menu of healthy indulgence. Kate Morrison, Ojai Spa Director, has generously offered a discount for each of GSN’s Congress attendees. Advance reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 888-772-6524. The spa menu can be viewed here.
- Bee Experience: Explore a day in the life of an apiarist with Ojai’s new beekeeping and honey tasting experience. Available daily weather permitting. Each session runs approximately 90-minutes. Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance. Please contact Discover Ojai at 805.640.2026 to book. $150/person. Learn more here.
- Artist’s Cottage: Awaken your creativity at the Ojai Valley Inn’s haven for self-discovery and expression. Learn, explore and create artful interpretations of the world we see. Walk-in activities are available for guests of all ages during Open Studio hours. You may also reserve a featured weekly class with one of their local artists. Private or group sessions are available upon request. Explore all of their offerings and learn more here.
- Body & Soul: Take a surf lesson, hop in a kayak, or explore the Pacific on a stand up paddle board. On-site enjoy yoga, sound healing, equine therapy, and much more. View the full range of offerings here.
- And much, much more. Plan your Congress experience to arrive early or stay late and enjoy all the area has to offer. View the full range of offerings here.
What is appropriate dress for Congress?
Resort casual / athleisure . Attire ranges from jeans and a nice blouse or button-down shirt to yoga pants and fitness shoes. We want you to be comfortable and dressed for play and adventure! Cart shuttles are available as needed for transfers between meeting space and your lodging if needed, but the property is spread out and the trails begin right out your door! Layers are suggested as wniter mornings and evenings can be cool. Please prepare for the possibility of winter showers. Forecast details will be shared as we approach the event.
Ojai is located in a beautiful valley overlooking the unspoiled natural beauty of its surrounding mountains. Winter weather is fairly changeable, so be prepared for just about anything: sunny and warm, or a winter rain blowing through; it will be chilly in the morning and at night. Daytime temperatures could be in the 60s while dipping into the 40s at night. Bring your sunscreen as we will enjoy lunch outside (weather permitting). Dress in layers for warmth – bring a warm jacket, hats, scarves and comfortable shoes are a must.
Shipping to Ojai Valley inn
Please address your shipments as follows:
Details to come, please stay tuned.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to email Chay at email@example.com. Have a pleasant journey and we look forward to seeing you in Ojai!