Recognizing Innovation + Leadership in Sustainability
Congratulations to our Winners and Runners-up!
Stay tuned for information regarding 2020’s award nomination period.
GSN PLANET SUSTAINABILITY AWARDS
The GSN Planet Sustainability Awards recognize the innovations and outstanding accomplishments related to transformation in the field of sustainability within the wellness industry.
An independent judging panel, made up of experts in the sustainability, spa and wellness industries, evaluates and awards companies and individuals that/who are leading the way in social and environmental responsibility. GSN aims to discover, recognize, and celebrate significant accomplishments in regeneration and sustainability within the wellness industry.
Transformation in Sustainability Award
The Transformation in Sustainability Award recognizes a property, brand, and individual that/who utilize sustainable practices that are healthy for people and planet, save or preserve natural resources, utilize sustainable materials, and/or implement innovative and groundbreaking techniques, services, and/or programming.
One has been given to each of the following categories:
SPA | Property that is highly sustainable in their purpose, sourcing, facility management, programming, community impact, or operational practices.
BRAND | This category recognizes a product company, equipment supplier, or distributor that is highly sustainable in their purpose, materials and ingredient sourcing, packaging, programming, community impact, and/or operational practices.
INDIVIDUAL | This category recognizes an individual in the wellness industry who is highly sustainable in their purpose, initiatives, educational awareness, and community impact.
All entries received will be judged on transformation in sustainability, innovation, positive environmental and/or community impact, and financial impact.
2019 Award Winners and Runners-Up
Winner: Sloco Massage + Wellness
Runner Up: Inn by the Sea
Winner: Noel Asmar Uniforms
Runner Up: Blue Beautifly
Winner: Davide Bollati, Founder + Chairman of [ comfort zone ] Davines S.p.A
Runner Up: Dr. Dieter Lenoir, Founder of Sanandi
Award winners received a commemorative piece of art created by Erik Linton of LintonArt Designs, https://www.lintonartdesigns.com. Linton creates tree ring prints made from real trees and printed by hand. The awards art included a tree print from Alaska, Yellowstone National Park, and Grand Tetons National Park.
Meet the Judges
President and Owner of TARA Spa Therapy, GSN Founding Member
CEO of Living Earth Crafts, GSN Emeritus Founding Member
Founder of Rianna Reigo, LCC
President and Chief Operations Officer of Las Catalinas
GSN Board President and Co-founder of Satteva Spa and Wellness Concepts
Business Manager at GSN Planet
General Manager at Eminence Organic Skincare
- The GSN Sustainability Awards are judged by an independent committee of industry professionals.
- Both the public and judges will provide recommendations for the judges to review as a group. Selections for Final Nominees and Winners are taken via blind survey systems.
- If, in the judgment of the Awards Committee, no candidates meet the eligibility requirements, an award may not be given.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to present a nominee with an award other than the one for which the recommendation was submitted.
- Recommendations of candidates not selected for awards may be resubmitted in a subsequent year for consideration.
- Each final nominee, selected in accordance with these procedures, will be requested to provide additional biographical information.