Key Partnereship + Business Development Manager (South East/South Central US)
Laurel Skin is a rapidly growing, luxury organic skin care company based in Northern California. We focus on locally-farmed organic, biodynamic, raw ingredients and our passion is creating plant medicine for the skin. We pride ourselves on doing everything in-house and with love: from formulating and creating all products by hand in our apothecary lab, to wholesale and website order fulfillment, and all sales and marketing.
The Key Partnership + Business Development Manager is a newly created position responsible for managing and growing a select group of high-volume, high-profile existing partnerships and securing new accounts through outbound sales efforts. Working closely with our Director of Sales + Education, you will help achieve our company’s desired position in the marketplace and our goals for mindful growth.
To succeed in this role, you should be:
- Thoughtful, supportive, and heart-centered; thank you cards, meal sharing, and relationship building should be second nature.
- Dynamic and charismatic to engage and inspire all levels of staff within our partners and prospects including reservations, front desk, practitioners, management, pr/marketing, and executive teams.
- Adaptable in ever-changing situations with the ability to manage time-sensitive demands and high-pressure moments with warmth and grace.
- Organized and highly detailed to track and retain large amounts of information while appropriately prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Strategic and analytical while operating from a place of integrity at all times.
- Committed to long-term personal and professional growth with the company.
- Current Esthetician license required (no exceptions) with training in advanced holistic modalities preferred; e.g., MLD, Gua Sha, etc.
- Knowledge and passion for the green beauty industry and plant-based skin care.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with an established network of key decision makers.
- A strong background in outside sales and the proven ability to successfully and consistently open new accounts.
- Experience working with a variety of business models including resorts, hotels, day spas, retail boutiques, e-commerce, and high-level solo practitioners.
- This is a fully-remote position ideally located in the Southeast or Southcentral US within 1 hour of a major international airport (e.g., Orlando, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Nashville, Raleigh)
- The role will start part-time at an average 20-25 hours/week with the goal of moving to full-time quickly with an average 40 hours/week required; some weekends may be required when necessary for account support or tradeshow participation.
- Once allowed by state and local guidelines, overnight travel will be required a minimum of 12-15x/year, including domestic and international destinations (valid passport and driver’s license required).
New Business Development
- Work closely with Director of Sales + Education to identify and pursue key prospects who align with our company’s values of sustainability, mindfulness, and heart-centered service.
- Perform on-site brand presentations and facial demonstrations to support new business development.
- Create professional and retail opening orders, treatment menus, and protocols to maximize Laurel Skin representation at new partners.
- Attend trade shows and industry events that align with Laurel Skin’s long-term growth strategy.
- Provide support to all assigned accounts to increase loyalty, strength, and longevity of partnerships. This includes ensuring orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner, daily monitoring of social media channels, regular phone/email check-ins, and on-site visits.
- Regularly review sales reports to identify areas of growth opportunity and collaborate with partners on ways to increase professional and retail sales through marketing, training, events, etc.
- Presentations to executive teams, PR teams, or sales teams as needed to further strengthen partnerships.
Training + Events
- Collaborate with partners to create annual training/event plan in alignment with company guidelines.
- Host virtual and on-site training presentations, including product knowledge, hands-on facial protocols, and retail selling using company-approved materials.
- Host virtual and on-site events and workshops, including mini-facials, skin consultations, discussion panels, live and recorded social media initiatives, etc.
- Competitive base pay plus uncapped quarterly commission potential
- Medical Benefits (available to full-time employees) - Kaiser Silver HMO Medical Plan and Delta Dental HMO Dental Plan
- Employee product discounts
- Employee Wellness Package that includes: Self Care Reimbursement, Anti-Racism Education, Employee Assistance Program, Team Library/Book Share Education Initiative
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Andrea Bryant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to share the reason you feel drawn to Laurel Skin and how you see yourself contributing to our amazing team. We welcome all races, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, and genders.